Monday, November 22, 2010

Thing 17-Twitter in the Classroom

I did my search on twitter and actually found instances of twitter in the primary classroom. The teacher had a range of activities from students responding to a question or to them responding to a picture. I think twitter would be good to use in the classroom, but I also feel that it opens students up to circumstances that are inappropriate. The teacher did say that he had rules that they had to follow. They could not mention thier name or another classmates name in a tweet. I am willing to try to use twitter but I personally don't like twitter and it is going to be hard for me to promote something that I don't like to use.

An activity that I think could be used in the classroom would be a sentence prompt. Students could respond to a sentence starter. I would make sure that students knew it had to be a 7UP and a 5 Star sentence and use at least one of our weekly or previous vocabulary words. We could then bring the posts up on the whiteboard and discuss how each sentence rates on our rubric. This would be used as a writing lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment