Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thing 10-Digital Age Assessments

I liked using rubrics in my first grade classroom. I had my students to do several projects and present them to the class and I assessed them according to a very generic rubric. For instance, I had the students to do reports on spiders. I would assess them according to generic guidelines and the assessment was all mine. However, now I would let the students help me create the rubric. Then I would let the students self assess themselves after the presentation. I would then conference with each student and compare thier rubric score to the score that I gave them. We would discuss how we came to the conclusion that we each did on our rubrics. This way I am making the students more accountable for their assessment and in turn for their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment